Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/09 16:58:51 UTC

Milestone release planing

Hi Gurkan!

You talked about doing a milestone release in the next days.

Just like to make sure that we've finally met all prerequisites before you start the vote.

LieGrue,
strub
“Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind!”
(Sir Terry Pratchett)

Re: Milestone release planing

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi;

1.) There is an already web site of the project, builted with Apache Forrest, I will check he project web site code into the SVN as soon as possible. It can be viewed by the url location http://incubator.apache.org/openwebbeans/

2.) +0 for the time being. But it may be important in further milestones.

3.) Actually the project does not depends so many libraries. But we may deeply analyses this in the further milestones.

4.) This is required for us to achieve the specification compatibility. We may start this process after the M1 release.

5.) Yes. It is good for the M1 release. Currently there is so simple application example that just shows the small usage of the webbeans. It is nice to have small but full-blown JSF + JPA + WebBeans project. I started to create simple booking application for this.

/Gurkan

________________________________
Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
> are you German? Or Austrian ?
Austria, Vienna.

I've worked together with Sigi Goeschl, Martin Poeschl and Tom Spiegl several times starting in 1997.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I've checked my list and found a few things we should possibly do before the milestone:
>
> 1.) create a site.

+1
but not that important :-)
but I totally agree, that having a site would be more than appreciated
by lot's of folks.

 This may be done via maven in the main projets src/site or we may
also create an own site module .
> Is there any documentation standard as we e.g. have for maven-plugins?
> I've seen Gurkan wrote a few slide as introduction to WebBeans already. Maybe we can use this as a starting point?
> I guess it's not legally possible to include the spec, but there should be no problem linking to the JSR-299 page.
>
> 2.) code formatting, remove unused imports etc. The usual polishing suspects...
+0

> 3.) Check the dependencies via mvn dependency:analyze.
> Which dependencies have to be passed transitively?
> Which dependencies are only used at compile time
> Which dependencies are only used for testing?
> Just to make sure we don't have a rat tail full of jars no one needs.
>
> 4.) incorporate the TCK Peter Muir wrote. I must admit I'm not sure how we should do this best.

it is maven-based, right? So we can somehow automate it.

> There is also the legal aspect we should keep an eye on. I read through the license for the JSR-299 download and don't know what I actually should think about it :/ Though I'v only studied law in vienna so I'm not an expert in US contracts.

the TCK, for webBeans is ASL-based. However all JCP-based JSR usually suck.
a) they are not open (even if the call it it java COMMUNITY process)
b) their licenses are pretty damn restrictive

> 5.) Create a sample with myfaces and openjpa to show webbeans usage with @Transactional and stuff. For what I understand we don't need to use Marios orchestra in this scenario anymore (LazyInitializationException and NonUniqueObjectException handling), insn't it?

yep. I have the same understanding.

> LieGrue,

are you German? Or Austrian ?

Cheers,
Matthias

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I've checked my list and found a few things we should possibly do before the milestone:

1.) create a site. This may be done via maven in the main projets src/site or we may also create an own site module .

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.