Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> on 2006/06/14 17:10:16 UTC

How to install artifact created with assembly artifact into Continuum's local repository

The primary artifact from each of my pom's are copied into Continuum's
repository, but not the additional artifacts that are created using the
assembly plugin. Is there a way to make this happen?

Re: How to install artifact created with assembly artifact into Continuum's local repository

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 7/6/06, Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> I don't think this is working as expected.
>
> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> > The internal continuum repo (that can be configured in the configuration
> > screen) is independant of local/remote maven repository. Continuum copy
> > artifacts in it (even without deploy goal) when the build is in success
> > and maven copy artifacts in local repo with install goal and in the
> > remote repo with deploy goal.
> >
> > You can use this internal repo if you want to use snapshots built by
> > continuum.

I didn't even notice this repository option.

Why would you use it?

I just changed my continuum goals to be "clean deploy" and to get
continuum to deploy my snapshots to the internal snapshot repository,
exactly like if a developer were to run "mvn clean deploy".  It's all
goodness and I have no problems.

Re: How to install artifact created with assembly artifact into Continuum's local repository

Posted by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com>.
Emmanuel,

Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> The internal continuum repo (that can be configured in the configuration
> screen) is independant of local/remote maven repository. Continuum copy
> artifacts in it (even without deploy goal) when the build is in success
> and maven copy artifacts in local repo with install goal and in the
> remote repo with deploy goal.
>
> You can use this internal repo if you want to use snapshots built by
> continuum.

I would like to use it as you describe, however, the only artifact that
goes into it is the parent pom.

Here is my setup:

parent pom (packaging: pom)

   -- child pom 1 (packaging: jar;
   |               execution for jar:test-jar;
   |               execution for assembly:attached creating a jar)
   -- child pom 2 (packaging: war;
                   execution for assembly:attached creating a jar)

Continuum is building 1 project: the parent pom without --non-recursive.
All of the artifacts (4 jars and 1 war) are copied into the
~/.m2/repository. However, only the parent pom.xml is copied into the
"Deployment Repository".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the intended behavior, or is it a
bug and I should I create a report in JIRA?

Thanks for your help!

-- Mark R

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com>.
Barrie Treloar wrote:
> On 7/5/06, Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> wrote:
>> I have changed my multi-project build so it only builds the parent pom
>> without --non-recursive.
>
> There are some double negatives here.
>
> Do you mean you have deleted your other projects from the continuum
> build and that there is now only one project which is the parent
> project and for the parent project you have deleted the
> --non-recursive argument in the continuum build definitions arguments?

Yes.

>> My parent pom is <packaging>pom</packaging> and
>> the only thing that gets copied to the internal "Deployment
>> Repository"     is the parent pom. Is this the expected behavior? I would
>> like to have all my module artifacts as well as artifacts created by the
>> assembly plugin put into this repository. Is this possible?
>
> Continuum just runs the commands the same as you would on the command line.

Correct.

> Go into the working directory that continuum is using and invoke by
> hand the same command.
>
> If it doesn't work by hand, fix it.
> Once it works as you expect it, continuum will behave the same way.

My build is working just fine. My only question regards the copying of
artifacts into the repository configured in Administration =>
Configuration => Deployment Repository Directory.

-- Mark R

Re: How to install artifact created with assembly artifact into Continuum's local repository

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com>.
I have changed my multi-project build so it only builds the parent pom
without --non-recursive. My parent pom is <packaging>pom</packaging> and
the only thing that gets copied to the internal "Deployment
Repository" 	is the parent pom. Is this the expected behavior? I would
like to have all my module artifacts as well as artifacts created by the
assembly plugin put into this repository. Is this possible?

Thanks.

-- Mark R

Posted by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com>.