Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Yousuf Fauzan <yo...@peopleinteractive.in> on 2009/06/12 12:47:50 UTC

A few quick queries

Hi all,

Help me with the following.

1. What's the B+ Tree height for view indices.
2. I am a bit confused about update/add process in couchdb. A document is
appended to the current region and then the docid_index is updated. Could
somebody explain the process of updation of the docid_index.
3. How is the docid_index stored? (Maybe 2 & 3 are the same queries)
4. Is it possible to distribute map process over multiple view servers?

Thanks,
Yousuf

Re: A few quick queries

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Yousuf
Fauzan<yo...@peopleinteractive.in> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Help me with the following.
>
> 1. What's the B+ Tree height for view indices.

It changes as the size of the tree grows.

> 2. I am a bit confused about update/add process in couchdb. A document is
> appended to the current region and then the docid_index is updated. Could
> somebody explain the process of updation of the docid_index.
> 3. How is the docid_index stored? (Maybe 2 & 3 are the same queries)

The docid index is a btree,

> 4. Is it possible to distribute map process over multiple view servers?

Not yet.

> Thanks,
> Yousuf

Paul Davis