Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 05:52:51 UTC

Difference beteween Tomcat distribution and Jetty distribution with Geronimo

Hi all,

 Please make me clear about the basic differences between the two important
J2EE distributions of Geronimo, Tomcat, Jetty..

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

Re: Difference beteween Tomcat distribution and Jetty distribution with Geronimo

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
The major difference is the web container.  As the name implies the
web container is the significant element of differentiation.  The real
issue in choosing one over the other is whether the user prefers one
container over the other in terms of features like continuations
(Jetty) or other functions provided by Tomcat.