Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2015/11/04 18:34:25 UTC

Auto-generating documentation site..

Hello Taylor,
I have pushed some more updates to the documentation in the git. But I am not sure how to update Storm Documentation site.

Can you point me to steps on how to update this. Also,  I am wondering if we have any planned/in progress(JIRA) automation to generate and publish this documentation?

Regards,Kishor

Re: Auto-generating documentation site..

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely. That was the plan.

-Taylor

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Hello Taylor,

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Kishor and Bobby,

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Thanks HeartSaVioR, Taylor,

I would  have preferred code and documentation be on the same branch - specially considering documentation and generated JavaDocs.  Secondly, it would be ideal to have same branch generate docs by release version and one pointing to the current version tagged by version.
I don't fully understand the reasons for separating docs from code. Is there as reason we want to make it separate?
-Kishor

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Kishor,

I also like the idea of having at least some of the docs with the code.  Perhaps we could file a JIRA to reorganize the web-site so that some of the docs, not the general ones, but the ones that deal with APIs, etc are with the code and when we do a release a snapshot of it? I keep running into places where I have to put in the docs that this feature is available as of release X.Y.Z.  I think it would be a lot better to just have some of the docs, per release.

 - Bobby