Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Ole Matzura <ol...@eviware.com> on 2007/04/10 10:42:24 UTC

thread deadlock in Path.getCompiledPath

Hi all,

I have a situation where I am running a large number of
XmlObject.selectPath / XmlCursor.selectPath simultaneously (50
threads..).. sooner or later, my application locks up, all my Threads
standing still at

Thread-58 [RUNNABLE]
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getCompiledPath(Path.java)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getCompiledPath(Path.java:91)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor._selectPath(Cursor.java:902)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.selectPath(Cursor.java:2634)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBase.java:431)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBase.java:415)

which is the internal

 static synchronized Path getCompiledPath(String pathExpr, int force,
String currentVar)

method.. I can't see what could be blocking here.. I have saxon 8.6.1 in
my path so I am guessing it is using saxon for xpath evaluation.. could
it be an internal lockup in saxon? How could I test for this? Can I
update to a newer saxon version?

Please anyone have an idea?

regards,

/Ole