Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2000/07/14 19:03:30 UTC

Avalon related problems

Hi,

I looked into the Avalon related problems.

It seems like neither Avalon 2.1 nor the latest version of Avalon in CVS
work correctly with Catlina and Slide. I have a version in between those two
(just before they started using JNDI) which is working fine, so I assume
it's an Avalon problem.

I suggest you don't try to run Slide with Avalon in the meantime, and
instead use the catalina-dist build target.
The go into the ../dist/dav directory, and use the command : bin/dav run

Hope this helps ...

I'm adding an abstraction layer to the logger and the configuration file
parsing, so that the core Slide is no longer dependent on Avalon (only the
avalon-dist target will be dependent on Avalon).

Remy