Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net> on 2003/06/12 06:30:19 UTC

Re: label for tag

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 11:02  PM, Ashok Madhavan wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any tags in struts for the html label tag.
>
> for example  like this,
>
> <label for="firstname">First Name</label><input
> type="text" id="firstname">

Sorry if I miss your question, but there is something like this:

	<bean:message key="journalForm.date.displayname"/>

bean:message lets me output a value from a
ApplicationResources.properties file
that I might use as the label for a date entry field.

html:text is of course the text entry field for a field named 'date' on
my form

html:errors is the message I will display if there is a validation
error,

don't know if that helps or not...

-jeff

Re: label for tag

Posted by Ashok Madhavan <as...@yahoo.com>.
hi Jeff,
I guess i was not clear in my email.

The <label for....> is used if you want the focus to
be moved to the html form component when any user
clicks on the label description. In the example i had
typed, if you clicked on "first Name", it will move
the cursor to the text box.

you can look at this link for additional info :
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/forms/label.html

regards
Ashok