Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 12:36:20 UTC

Separate mailing list for CMS buildbot commits?

Would it be useful to have a separate mailing list for buildbot (CMS) commits?

They tend to be rather large and mostly useless as they are not
usually the source of the change, merely the output from the buildbot.

I don't know if it is technically feasible or whether INFRA would
support it, but if it is possible I think it would reduce the
reviewing load as well as the clutter in the archives.

Thoughts?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:36 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be useful to have a separate mailing list for buildbot (CMS)
> commits?
>
> They tend to be rather large and mostly useless as they are not
> usually the source of the change, merely the output from the buildbot.
>
> I don't know if it is technically feasible or whether INFRA would
> support it, but if it is possible I think it would reduce the
> reviewing load as well as the clutter in the archives.
>
> Thoughts?

+1

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Separate mailing list for CMS buildbot commits?

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 11:36:20 +0000, sebb wrote:
> Would it be useful to have a separate mailing list for buildbot (CMS)
> commits?
>
> They tend to be rather large and mostly useless as they are not
> usually the source of the change, merely the output from the
> buildbot.
>
> I don't know if it is technically feasible or whether INFRA would
> support it, but if it is possible I think it would reduce the
> reviewing load as well as the clutter in the archives.

+1

Gilles

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This has now been implemented.

Buildbot commit mails should now end up in

notifications@commons.a.o

rather than

commits@c.a.o

If there are any problems, the original JIRA was INFRA-8866

Hopefully commits@ will now be a bit easier to review.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 04/12/2014 12:36, sebb a écrit :

> Thoughts?