Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/11 05:03:51 UTC

Problems in Data Management

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I'm trying to get a good export of the vmbuild data with the
> data-management 1.2.3.1 jar.  ISTR having problems last time I tried
> this, but we'll see.  It would be nice to get vmbuild upgraded to
> 1.3.2 and enable parallel builds, or see about setting up some agents
> for distributed build.

I can export the vmbuild data from 1.2, but I can't import it into
1.3.2.  Marica reported this a while ago:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1912

Do we need to fix Data Management, or is it possible to make changes
so that it's not necessary to export-and-import, and pointing 1.3.3 at
a 1.2.x database Just Works?

I'm going to try with 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT next, in case it has been fixed
already and I didn't notice.

--
Wendy

Re: Problems in Data Management

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can export the vmbuild data from 1.2, but I can't import it into
> 1.3.2.  Marica reported this a while ago:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1912
>
> I'm going to try with 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT next, in case it has been fixed
> already and I didn't notice.

Success!  CONTINUUM-1912 was actually duplicated by CONTINUUM-2100,
and _that_ was fixed in 1.3.3.  So I can import the vmbuild data into
1.3.3-SNAPSHOT, [and fix the NEXT_VAL values], however the app doesn't
seem to want to start up afterwards.  It's hanging (30 minutes now,
and Error 503 in the browser) at

2009-04-10 21:51:15,023 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum  - Initializing Continuum.
2009-04-10 21:51:15,023 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum  - Showing all groups:

A normal startup would say 'Showing all projects' next and then print
the welcome message with the cow.

> ... is it possible to make changes
> so that it's not necessary to export-and-import, and pointing 1.3.3 at
> a 1.2.x database Just Works?

Pointing 1.3.3-SNAPSHOT at the 1.2 database definitely doesn't work:

2009-04-10 20:43:32,000 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS  - An
exception was thrown while adding/validating class(es) : In an ALTER
TABLE statement, the column 'DISTRIBUTED_BUILD_ENABLED' has been
specified as NOT NULL and either the DEFAULT clause was not specified
or was specified as DEFAULT NULL.

Can we provide a default value (false) for DISTRIBUTED_BUILD_ENABLED?

--
Wendy