Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by lenz <no...@googlemail.com> on 2008/12/09 01:33:57 UTC

CouchDB in the wild

i wrote a small blog post about our setup today and wanted to share it with
you as CouchDB got mentioned quite often.
http://blog.ideegeo.com/2008/12/09/iwantmyname-using-erlang-and-couchdb-behind-the-scenes/
.

We use CouchDB in production here (a svn built about a month old) and have
moved more and more functionality from PostgreSQL to CouchDB during the
development process. If someone has questions about implementation, usage,
production setups, ... feel free to ask me.

btw, the sales guys love to edit the TLD databse (with futon) and replicate
the changes to the prod DB (via ssh).

cheers
lenz

Re: CouchDB in the wild

Posted by lenz <no...@googlemail.com>.
thanks for the flowers :-)
we would still be offline without CouchDB though :)

cheers
lenz

Re: CouchDB in the wild

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
I forgot to mention, I love the design of:

  http://iwantmyname.com/

Best,

Re: CouchDB in the wild

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:33:57PM +1300, lenz wrote:
> i wrote a small blog post about our setup today and wanted to share it with
> you as CouchDB got mentioned quite often.
> http://blog.ideegeo.com/2008/12/09/iwantmyname-using-erlang-and-couchdb-behind-the-scenes/

Great, thanks for the mention!

> We use CouchDB in production here (a svn built about a month old) and have
> moved more and more functionality from PostgreSQL to CouchDB during the
> development process. If someone has questions about implementation, usage,
> production setups, ... feel free to ask me.
>
> btw, the sales guys love to edit the TLD databse (with futon) and replicate
> the changes to the prod DB (via ssh).

Heh, fantastic!

Re: CouchDB in the wild

Posted by lenz <no...@googlemail.com>.
thats exciting to see that you guys like our new project. we are still quite
busy polishing some rough edges in the interface but i hope to have some
calm days during christmas brake (as far as we will have one this year).
i planned to write some lines about the things that always kind of break
your normalized database structure and how we did it in couch and about
those tables that look like:

create table settings (
  id serial,
  user_id integer,
  ky varchar(100),
  vl varchar(100)
);

... looks familiar? :D no more for us ...

i'll write up some docs on how to spot couchDB opportunities in your DB
setup and how to use them from your codebase efficiently. (need some sleep
first though)

cheers
lenz

Re: CouchDB in the wild