Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by unleashed85 <ca...@bradreitmeyer.com> on 2015/06/10 01:52:51 UTC

Java7 syntax and checkstyle

What is the projects policy with using Java7 syntax (specifically try with
resources)? I assumed it was allowed but am getting errors when running mvn
compile -Psourcecheck

I added a try with resources to the camel-rabbitmq component but the
maven-checkstyle-plugin version 2.9.1 doesn't allow it. Java7 support was
added in 5.5

Re: Java7 syntax and checkstyle

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its a bit of historical reason when we backported fixes to older
branches that also supports Java 6.

As Camel 2.14.x is the oldest active branch we support now, then we
could switch CS to be java 7 only. As Camel 2.14 do not support Java 6
anymore.

I think there is a JIRA ticket about the checkstyle upgrade. You are
welcome to work on a patch for that to.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:52 AM, unleashed85 <ca...@bradreitmeyer.com> wrote:
> What is the projects policy with using Java7 syntax (specifically try with
> resources)? I assumed it was allowed but am getting errors when running mvn
> compile -Psourcecheck
>
> I added a try with resources to the camel-rabbitmq component but the
> maven-checkstyle-plugin version 2.9.1 doesn't allow it. Java7 support was
> added in 5.5

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com