Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2006/01/03 01:50:41 UTC

New Theme (Coat)

Hot on the heels of the Coat skin comes the Coat theme. This one is more
complete and looks even nicer.

There are still a few problems, for example it looks different in IE and
Firefox, plus I can't test in Safari and others (not looked in Opera yet).

It is supposed to look identical to http://www.apache.org

Please take a look at it and make improvements, I'm not much of a CSS
guru so help would be very much appreciated at this stage. In
particular, the index page has only a small amount of content and so the
footer overlaps the menu on that page.

To see it do:

svn up
cd FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.theme.Coat
forrest run

(see subsequent mail discussing the above naming convention and
distribution method)

Ross

Re: New Theme (Coat)

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
Hi Guys n Gals,

Been away for a few weeks and trying to catch up.
(Sorry, you haven't got rid of me just yet!)

Anyway ...

| Hot on the heels of the Coat skin comes the Coat theme. This one is more
| complete and looks even nicer.
|
| There are still a few problems, for example it looks different in IE and
| Firefox, plus I can't test in Safari and others (not looked in Opera yet).
|
| It is supposed to look identical to http://www.apache.org
|
| Please take a look at it and make improvements, I'm not much of a CSS
| guru so help would be very much appreciated at this stage. In
| particular, the index page has only a small amount of content and so the
| footer overlaps the menu on that page.

Easily rectified, just add

clear : both;

to #footer in the CSS.

I did not see an Issue for this and did not see a reason for a patch
therefore in light
of this minor addition. I have tested it anyway and works fine.

Gav...