Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Eliezer Shindler <el...@shindler.co.uk> on 2013/11/06 12:22:33 UTC

Trident merge that preserves time order

Hi,

Say I have two streams:

Stream 1: [1,3],[2,4]
Stream 2: [2,5],[3,2]

A regular merge would produce a Stream 3, like this:

[1,3],[2,4],[2,5],[3,2]

I would like to merge the stream whilst preserving the order in which the
tuple was emitted, so if [2,5] was emitted at time 1,[1,3] was emitted at
time 2, [3,2] at time '3' and [2,4] at time 4, the resulting stream would
be:

Is there anyway way to do this and, if so, how? Some sample code would be
appreciated as I'm a complete Trident rookie who has recently been thrust
into a Trident based project.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Eli