Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ra <ry...@gazeta.pl> on 2006/11/01 00:10:36 UTC

Re: links in a table

Ok. and how can I construct the url to a page ? The page name is known.
Sorry I'm a novice

Regards,
Arek

andyhot wrote:

> ok, so generate the String returned by getTableColumns()
> at runtime...
>

> ra wrote:
>>
>> Daniel Jue wrote:
>>
>>> I recently found a solution due to some help on this mailing list.
>>>
>>> Here's what we came up with.  It displays a table of people, and the
>>> extent of people details are not known until runtime (i.e. should we
>>> display the first name, last name, email, etc)
>>>
>>> In the page file:
>>>
>>>     <component id="table" type="Contrib:Table">
>>>         <binding name="source" value="users"/>
>>>         <binding name="columns" value="tableColumns"/>
>>>         <binding name="columnsClass" value="literal:title"/>
>>>         <binding name="pageSize" value="10"/>
>>>     </component>
>>>
>>> In your class for that page have this method:
>>>
>>> public String getTableColumns()
>>> {
>>>    //For reference
>>>    //Column id:Column Title:ognl expression
>>>    //value="literal:id, firstName:First name:name.firstName,
>>>    //  lastName:name.lastName, telNo"/>
>>>
>>>    return
>>> "data0:ID:getUserDetails('USERGUID'),data1:Email:getUserDetails('EMAIL'),data2:First
>>> Name:getUserDetails('FIRSTNAME'),data3:Last

Re: links in a table

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend Kent Tong's book.  It's more of an advanced tutorial
than a book.  If I didn't have it, I would not be programming in
Tapestry at all.  And it was like $20US for the PDF.  BTW, the pdf is
better since you can copy and paste the code, and search for examples
much quicker.  Plus I can keep it on my thumb drive to use where-ever.

Are you using the Contrib Table?  Or are you trying to roll your own?
The book covers both, but I really like taking advantage of the
Contrib Table's features.

I am still a Tapestry novice myself, and I reference that book everyday.

Dan