Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Chris Miller <ki...@vardus.co.uk> on 2000/06/29 19:32:07 UTC

BaseInputTag.java

I am new to Struts as of the 26th June nightly build. That build worked fine
with Orion, but the changes you've made to BaseInputTag.java seemed to have
broken it - I get:

Property 'maxlength' of bean/tag 'org.apache.struts.taglib.TextTag' is read
only

Hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong here as you seem to think it was
broken originally and is now fixed?!

I have Orion 1.1.4 (but same problem occurrs with 1.1.1), JDK 1.3.

Anything you'd like me to try?

Date: 27 Jun 2000 02:48:07 -0000
From: craigmcc@locus.apache.org
To: jakarta-struts-cvs@apache.org
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib
BaseInputTag.java

craigmcc    00/06/26 19:48:07

  Modified:    src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib BaseInputTag.java
  Log:
  Remove all the cases I can remember where two setters (one for int and one
  for String) are provided, per the clarification to the JSP 1.1 specs.

  Why did I delete the "int" versions of the setters?  Good question -- the
  answer is that keeping the "int" setters and deleting the "String" setters
  does not work on Tomcat -- an issue I'm going to address separately,
  because they should.

  In the mean time, this fix should solve issues on Orion where the server
  complained about "size" being a read-only property.  Could those who have
  experienced this error please download the new version and confirm that it
  has been fixed?

Re: BaseInputTag.java

Posted by Chris Miller <ki...@vardus.co.uk>.
Sorry Craig, but I've just tried the 30/06 build, and I'm getting the same
error:

Error parsing JSP page /logon.jsp line 21
Property 'maxlength' of bean/tag 'org.apache.struts.taglib.TextTag' is read
only

Note that this was NOT happening with the 26/06 build, before you removed
the setMaxlength(integer maxlength) code.

Does anyone else out there with Orion have the same problem, or were they
getting the opposite (ie, was broken, now fixed)? Mike in message #254 said
things were now OK for him...

Re: BaseInputTag.java

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.