Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2019/03/05 02:06:39 UTC

WEBINAR: Yoti - Digital Identities as a Force for Good - March 18 at 1400GMT via GoToTraining

Hello Mifos and Fineract communities,

Thanks to all who attended the recent webinar on regtech led by Kareem at
All Compliance Services - a screencast of that can be viewed at
https://youtu.be/R2B1X9YufkI

The Mifos Initiative is going to be hosting another webinar from an
external expert on topic that is fresh and actively being discussed on the
list - digital identity.

Ken Banks, Head of Social Impact at Yoti, will be hosting a webinar on
March 18 at 1400GMTvia GoToTraining (
https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/6665674191802645506) to outline their
newly announced five-prong social impact strategy -
https://www.yoti.com/impact/

Please read their guest blog post,
https://mifos.org/blog/explorations-yoti-digital-identity/, to learn more
about their social impact strategy and the excerpt below on Yoti's digital
identity solution.

Please register to join the webinar
<https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/6665674191802645506> and help define
digital ID needs across the community - we are seeking organizations
interested in piloting Yoti or the parallel efforts with Sovrin/Indy:

Yoti is your digital identity. A global identity platform and free consumer
app that puts your ID on your phone. It’s the simplest, safest, fastest way
to prove your identity online and in person. Founded in 2014, Yoti began a
mission to become the world’s trusted identity platform. We’re committed to
doing things differently to other tech companies – like promising to never
mine or sell your data; Yoti is designed so that we couldn’t even if we
wanted to.

With Yoti, you’re in control of your data. The Yoti app combines your ID
document with your biometrics to create a single, secure, verified digital
identity which you control using your phone. With a verified Yoti, people
can prove their age on a night out, check out faster with age restricted
goods in a supermarket, and save time and money proving their identity to
businesses or individuals.

Yoti is reinventing the way you sign up and log in to websites too. Web
forms and passwords no longer protect user accounts and data. That’s why
Yoti uses your unique biometrics to stop fraudsters from getting their
hands on your data, as well as removing the inconvenience of having to
remember passwords for all the websites and accounts you use.

For businesses, Yoti is an identity platform which provides a faster,
simpler and safer way to verify the identity of their customers for know
your customer (KYC) purposes. It’s also a multi-factor authentication
system, helping to keep businesses’ websites and customer information
secure and compliant with new GDPR laws.

Once set up, proving your age, or who you are, takes seconds. Whether
you’re buying or selling something on a classified site, verifying someone
you met on a dating site, proving your age accessing age restricted online
content, at a nightclub, bar or the cinema – Yoti makes the things you do
every day safer, simpler and faster. It’s free and available to use for
anyone over the age of 13 with an approved ID document.

The private keys needed to unlock and use your digital identity are stored
on your phone, putting you in control of your data. Even Yoti can’t see the
details you add to your Yoti once verified. That’s because Yoti encrypts
each individual piece of personal information using separate cryptographic
keys that are further encrypted with a master key that only you own and
control. No copies of your ID documents are stored anywhere – we simply
extract the information needed from the document.

Yoti is also committed to social change and recently launched a new Social
Impact Strategy which you can read about here
<https://www.yoti.com/blog/say-hello-to-yotis-new-social-impact-strategy/>.

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

REMINDER: WEBINAR: Yoti - Digital Identities as a Force for Good - March 18 at 1400GMT via GoToTraining

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder if you haven't yet registered for the webinar this Monday
on digital identity. There's still space available

It's at 1400GMT via GoToTraining - Register here: