Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2014/10/28 16:03:13 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo / tagline / project name

All,

I would remind you to try and proceed in this discussion with a
modicum of decorum and assuming good faith on the part of those
engaged. Sarcasm, anger, and facetious responses are not helping.

Once again, for the record, I don't have a problem with the
logo personally, but I have a responsibility to raise this issue
as a representative of the PMC and because of the requests of
those who approached me. I have no other mission here. I knew
when I started the thread it'd turn into a bikeshed; sadly,
there was no way to avoid that, as burying the requests would
be tantamount to me making an *individual* decision that trumps
that of the collective -- hardly becoming behaviour for a PMC
member.

Let me try and summarize the discussion to date. I didn't count
up responses to the thread, but it seems clear that nearly all
respondents so far have no issue personally with the logo.

A minority of individuals suggested that it may be time to change
the logo, the tagline and even the project name for various reasons.
If we're considering any of these steps, now would be the time to
figure that out -- prior to the impending 2.0 beta and release.

I'd like to steer discussion towards these points and away from
the topic of logo acceptability -- it's become clear to me that
there is no further useful discussion possible on that topic.

Best regards,
Joan

Posted by Bryan Green <db...@gmail.com>.
I agree.  I offer sincere apologies if I have offended anyone.

Posted by "Rohrdanz,Mary A" <MA...@mdanderson.org>.
I have no problems with the logo as is.

But no joke: I was using CouchDB for a few months before I realized it was
a man on a couch, and not a piece of abstract art. lolz.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Koalas are slow ....

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo / tagline / project name

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric B <eb...@gmail.com>.