Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Aled Jones <Al...@comtec-europe.co.uk> on 2006/04/19 12:04:36 UTC

Numerical relevance

Hi guys

Saw this message in the archive:
Michael Ji
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:19:54 -0700
maybe use "050 to 500"?

Michael Ji,

--- Gal Nitzan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I'm not mistaken you could write "price: 50 TO
> 500".
>
> hope it helps.
>
> Gal
>
> smith learner wrote:
> > for example search numbers between 56 and 123456.
> The
> > number ranges from 0 - 99999999.
> >
> > Thanks in adavance!
> >
> > smith.

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> >
> > .

Can anyone elaborate further on numerical searches and relevance in
nutch?  For example, if we had a set of pages, each of which detailed a
certain product and that contained a price, would it then be possible to
search for a range of prices.  Would it also be possible to order
relevance by numerical value instead of string-based relevance, e.g if I
searched for 200 would a page containing 210 be more relevant than a
page that contains, say 2000.

Any suggestions, ideas would be welcome.  I realise that lucene is a
text-based index and search component, but I'd be interested if anyone
had done any work or research into numerical relevance.

Cheers
Aled

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places in your computer where they are stored.

Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.