Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Howe <jw...@riskmetrics.com> on 2001/01/04 17:30:32 UTC

New version confusion

I downloaded the nightly build of 01/03/2001 and I'm now having a problem
with some of my JSP pages.  Previously I was using a nightly build from
12/15/2000. For example, I'm now getting the message:

Since tag handler class org.apache.struts.taglib.form.LinkTag does not
implement BodyTag, it can't return BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_TAG

I'm assuming that I've either not updated all the various bits correctly,
or there has been a change in one or more of the tags that I need to
account for.  Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks.

Re: Problem with Logic:Iterate

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Dennis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to struts, and trying to kick the tires a little but I'm having a
> problem using the iterate tag.  I have a Bean called DataObjects that
> contains a Vector called 'objects'.  The vector contains beans with a single
> member variable called 'name'.  In the Action class, I use
> request.setAttribute("dos", objects)
> to make the bean visible.  When I use the following in my .jsp file, I get
> an error stating "javax.servlet.ServletException: No bean found for
> attribute key row".  It must be something simple, but I can't seem to find
> the problem.

There was a bug in the iterate tag a couple of weeks ago, where it would not
actually create the "row" variable for you.  This has been fixed with recent
nightly builds -- could you try it again with last night's?

Craig

Problem with Logic:Iterate

Posted by Dennis <de...@iswsolutions.com>.
Hello,

I'm new to struts, and trying to kick the tires a little but I'm having a
problem using the iterate tag.  I have a Bean called DataObjects that
contains a Vector called 'objects'.  The vector contains beans with a single
member variable called 'name'.  In the Action class, I use
request.setAttribute("dos", objects)
to make the bean visible.  When I use the following in my .jsp file, I get
an error stating "javax.servlet.ServletException: No bean found for
attribute key row".  It must be something simple, but I can't seem to find
the problem.

<logic:notPresent name="dos"><logic:redirect
href="error.jsp"/></logic:notPresent>

<logic:iterate id="row" name="dos" property="objects">
 <li>
   <bean:write name="row" property="name"/>
 </li>
</logic:iterate>

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dennis

Re: New version confusion

Posted by James Howe <jw...@allencreek.com>.
At 05:34 PM 1/4/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> > Since tag handler class org.apache.struts.taglib.form.LinkTag does not
> > implement BodyTag, it can't return BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_TAG
> >
> > I'm assuming that I've either not updated all the various bits correctly,
> > or there has been a change in one or more of the tags that I need to
> > account for.  Can anyone offer any help?
>
>Remove all your working dirs of tomcat (or whatever you use)
>the JSP files need to be generated again.
>That solved at my place the same problem.
>
>johan

Thanks.  That did the trick.
James W. Howe                   mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.              pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html