Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2016/10/05 00:10:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.1.0 - rc1

Hello all,
I'd like to propose the first release candidate (rc1) of Apache Arrow
version 0.1.0.
It covers a total of 167 resolved JIRAS [1]
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

The source release rc1 is hosted at [2].
This release candidate is based on commit
 7fb4d24a35269db99fa112c0512d4a32c372dd74 located at [3].

The vote will be open for the next ~72 hours ending at 4:00 PM
Pacific, October 7, 2016.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

I have run the java build + tests
I have run cpp build + tests
Here's my vote: +1

Thanks,
Julien

How to validate a release signature:
https://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARROW%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-0.1.0-rc1/
[3]
https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/7fb4d24a35269db99fa112c0512d4a32c372dd74
--
Julien

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.1.0 - rc1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I checked signature* and hash. These are good. I ran apache:rat against the
top level dir -- see https://creadur.apache.org/rat/ -- and it flagged a
bunch of files as problematic. When I looked at a few they seemed fine (MIT
license) but others have no license at all; yaml files, json, shells
scripts, and doc. You'll get dinged on these when you go to incubator
general for a vote.

St.Ack

* Lets have a chat someday Julien so I can sign your key and you can sign
mine so we can fix 'gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted
signature!'

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I have

- Run the Java build + tests
- Run the C++ build + tests
- Run the Python build + tests

+1 for the release

The Python README is significantly out of date. Sorry about that. I
will make a small patch now

- Wes

Posted by "Donald E. Foss" <do...@gmail.com>.
Was able to build on MacOS 10.12 Sierra.

Donald Foss
donald.foss@gmail.com
------ __o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
I will send a new vote email

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
Here is a PR to :