Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Marco Fabbri <mf...@libero.it> on 2002/09/03 12:04:32 UTC

Domino and Jetspeed Integration: how to authenticate?

Hi all,
we're trying to use the Jetspeed framework to publish Domino applications.
Our problem is the authentication model.

Environment: WAS 4.0 and Domino 5.0.11. SSO enabled between Domino and WAS.

Suppose I wrote a portlet which shows NSF contents using the Domino Object
for Java library.
I need to login on Domino server to receive only MY contents.
To do this I have to open a Notes Session using the LTPA Token.

Websphere sends me the LTPA Token when I login on the Jetspeed webapp but
the Jetspeed Login is made using the WAS authentication not the Jetspeed
authentication.

So I'm a WAS user not a Jetspeed user: how can I be both?
Can I delegate the Jetspeed authentication to Websphere?
How?

With confusion

Marco Fabbri

Re: Domino and Jetspeed Integration: how to authenticate?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Marco Fabbri wrote:

>Sorry for the poor question but to try a new implementation do I have to
>build the sources?

I do not think you need the source, although I have not tried.  Just
include Jetspeed and the jars in you classpath.

You can access the source in two ways.  One by doing a "checkout" from
cvs.  The other is via Apache's web site,
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed/

>I'm going to read the doc but this means I can delegate the Jetspeed
>authentication to the Domino LDAP Server via Websphere.

Yes, you can delegate the authentication to Domino's LDAP server!  In
addition to reading the docs, I suggest you also search the mailing list
for "LDAP" (Instruction in the docs :) )

>Thank you very much

Paul Spencer

Re: Domino and Jetspeed Integration: how to authenticate?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Marco,