Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2002/05/25 13:08:52 UTC

Re: XMLRPC or CORBA? flaming??

First I would like to say that people who starts a mail discarding other
peoples thoughts with "nonsence" really don't deserve to be answered,
but..:

I don't mean that object oriented databases are dead, but given the amount
of effort given to the hype of object oriented databases, very few
products remain. The reason has nothing to do with quality or that the
idea of object oriented databases was bad. I have used Versant myself so i
know. The problem was they didn't have the support of major software
wendors who could sell them to customers (Additional sales).

The mejor software vendors already had good, well tested products, and
instead of making new ones they buildt in support for object storage in
their existing products. Then there was no need for their customers to go
out to by a object oriented database, so the market disappeared for those
who made "native" object-oriented databases, even if they maybee had been
a better solution technically (as Cedric seems to mean)

We could come to see that development for native xml databases to, as
Oracle and others are already building in support for xml in their
produccts (all though they have not come very far yet)

In fact, to my knowledge only Tamino from AG Software has a big
corporation promoting it. Or are there others??

Øyvind

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim