Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 13:22:08 UTC

[Suggestion] Deactivate Jira Rich Text Editor

Hi all,

I noticed that with the recent JIRA update the rich text editor got
activated for Stanbol.

I would suggest to deactivate this feature, because the rich text
editor makes it impractical to use markdown syntax in JIRA issue.

To give some examples:

* wrongly interprets heading as lists (e.g. "## Test" -> "1.    1. Test")
* prints code blocks as text without intensions

IMO using Markdown should be preferred over the JIRA specific syntax
as it allows to copy&paste stuff from JIRA to the Stanbol Webpage. So
as long JIRA does not support Markdown I would suggest to stay with
the plain text editor.

AFAIK this is a project wide setting. Not sure if we can change this
yourself or if we need to ask INFRA.

best
Rupert

Re: [Suggestion] Deactivate Jira Rich Text Editor

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Not sure if you already asked to INFRA, but don't waste their time, the
plugin is not supported for Jira 6.x (ASF is currently using 6.1):

https://bitbucket.org/bbaker/atlassian-markdown/issue/9/jira-6-support

Would be cool is someone could take-up the implementation of such
feature ;-)

Posted by Andrea Di Menna <ni...@gmail.com>.
What about this?

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian,

--
Enrico Daga

--
http://www.enridaga.net
skype: enri-pan

Re: [Suggestion] Deactivate Jira Rich Text Editor

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

--
Fabian