Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Poling <JP...@ntst.com> on 2006/09/15 16:08:07 UTC

[Axis2] Axis1 a better choice?

   Hi folks,

   I have been trying for days to get Axis2 up and running in Tomcat
5.5, but I keep running into incompatibilities.  First its common
logging, then log 4j, then Xalan, now its HttpClient.  I don't have days
and days free I can spend on this, I have a deadline by next week to get
something up for a visiting executive.  Based on folks' own experiences,
should I give up and try Axis1, or keep plugging away?

   (And if anybody knows why I'm getting "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()" when I
try to invoke the HappyAxis.jsp, and what I can do about it, I'd
appreciate it;  I was able to fix all the previous incompatibilities,
but this one has me stumped.  Nothing I've tried works.)

-------------------------------
Jeff Poling
Manager, Software Development
Netsmart Technologies, Inc.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
the employer or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone and delete the material from your
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: [Axis2] Axis1 a better choice?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please use nightly it works for me.

-- dims

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Well I guess most of  the testing of Axis2.war happened in Tomcat
5.0.xx. it should be fairly stable :)

Ajith

On 9/15/06, Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a similar question. Does anyboby know if AXIS2
> works with TOMCAT 5.0.28? Any known issues?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Frank

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Axis1 a better choice?

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
Well lots of people are using axis2 - primarily in tomcat - without
these problems. Let me try and help:

1) Log4J - not needed by axis2 .
2) commons-logging ... needed but I've never seen a problem related to it.
3) Xalan - not used by axis2 .
4) NoSuchMethodError means the that class was compiled with one
version, but now another version is present at runtime. Do you have
commons-httpclient-3.0.jar in your war and _no other version_ in a
higher classloader ? Do a search on your filesystem to make sure. If
you are running tomcat inside jboss please state so.

Try using the nighlties , using the stb-bin and axis2.war:

http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/

To see if you want to use axis2 or not:

http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2006/08/axis-1x-or-axis2.html

HTH,
Robert

Posted by Richard Wild <rw...@weatherbys.co.uk>.
As I understand it, if you are wanting to go into production immediately
then Axis 1.x is what you want.  Axis 2 is what you will want in the future.

[...]

responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
communication is strictly prohibited.