Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/17 00:23:40 UTC

[VOTE] Add Travis-CI for Mahout

Would this be an additional CI we would like to add to Mahout ?

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_gains_additional_travis_ci

I am up for it.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Add Travis-CI for Mahout

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
3gigs of memory and 50mins runtime is the upper bound for Travis. We
explored Travis for Drill but could not continue with it  because few of
our testcases were resource hungry.

If Mahout fits in these Travis is a great tool.

-Via mobile. Excuse brevity.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
Its trivial to configure travis for a project if one has the project admin
rights.  Most github projects are setup with travis.

As Ted's already mentioned there are some bounds with Travis that restrict
how much resources one can consume.

It should be fine for Mahout today though IMO.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Andrew Musselman <

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I use it for t-digest and like it a lot.

There are some strict bounds on how much resource you are supposed to
consume.  Mileage may vary.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
+1