Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mteccles <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/04 11:16:45 UTC

unexpected behaviour

Hi,

I developed a form that does some validation. I included validation and
workflow interceptor in the actions stack.

The validation is very simple, it makes sure one field is a minimum length.
It works fine except for the following scenario:

1) submit invalid form (input is returned with field error showing)
2)fix input and re-submit

result:

field error is still there therefore workflow sends it to input again.
Surely the fielderror should of been popped from the stack in the
<s:fielderror> tag? Do i have to manually remove the error from the stack or
is there a bug in my solution?

Re: unexpected behaviour

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- mteccles <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Now i just thought the action is wired by spring as a singleton, and the
> fielderrors are a property of this object... maybe forms should not be
> singletons. still like to know thoughts

Actions are assumed to be created per-request. If it's a singleton I would
imagine all sorts of bad things would happen.

Dave

Re: unexpected behaviour

Posted by mteccles <ma...@googlemail.com>.