Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/14 01:50:34 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Hard-coded 150 connection limit not documented " on FreeBSD (fwd)

This has become a frequent complaint/request.

----- Forwarded message from marcs@worldgate.com -----

From: marcs@worldgate.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Sun Oct 13 15:52:50 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Hard-coded 150 connection limit not documented " on FreeBSD

Submitter: marcs@worldgate.com
Operating system: FreeBSD, version: 2.1.5
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
The hard-coded limit of 150 connections defined
in the HARD_SERVER_LIMIT in httpd.h and used

While anyone running a web server with that many
connections should be able to fix this themself
easily enough, you have to know it is there.  It
took us a couple of days to start wondering why
we were seeing exactly 150 connections a lot of
the time.

--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from marcs@worldgate.com -----