Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kogan Irina <Ir...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2003/05/21 14:11:00 UTC

Actions in Cocoon.

Hi everybody,

The webpage http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/concepts/actions.html
discusses how actions can be created and used in Cocoon.

The action HelloWorldAction is created as an example and the class
HelloWorldAction is put into the package test.  Then the following is
declared in the components of the sitemap:

<map:actions>
  <map:action name="hello-world" src="test.HelloWorldAction"/>
</map:actions>

I tried this, but the system cannot find the class test.HelloWorldAction.

I compiled HelloWorldAction.java and created hello-world-action.jar file out
of the HelloWorldAction.class and I put that jar file into
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib.  Is it wrong?
How can I tell the system where my class HelloWorldAction is (or how to find
the jar file that contains it)?

Thank you very much!

Irina.

Re: Actions in Cocoon.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Kogan Irina dijo:
> Hi everybody,
>
> The webpage http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/concepts/actions.html
> discusses how actions can be created and used in Cocoon.

To make this development easier I recommend the use of XSP-Actions at
development and once you had full tested it, then you can put ther as a
class. It will save your devel time.

XSPActions has the advantage of no need to restart any servelt container,
the sitemap recongnize a change on the fly.

More info at:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPAction

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Actions in Cocoon.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
you have put the jar in the right place, though you may need to restart
your servlet engine to get the new jar recognized.

If you've already done that, then it's likely that you created your jar
incorrectly.  do jar -tvf hello-world-action.jar and send the results here.

Geoff Howard