Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Christensen, Alan" <al...@hp.com> on 2006/11/03 23:34:25 UTC

Simulating network latency in Jmeter?

Is there a mechanism that simulates network latency in Jmeter?  I want
to be able to measure the response times that will be experienced by
users who are a long ways from the website.

Re: Simulating network latency in Jmeter?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It should be fairly easy to enhance the code to calculate an
additional delay per request.

Would that solve your problem?

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: (Actual) Time taken to load a page

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Not possible currently, as JMeter does not support parallel downloads
in a single thread.

You could get an estimate of the minumum time required by taking the
maximum download time for all the component parts. But you will have
to do this calculation yourself.