Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ra...@wipro.com on 2007/11/19 11:44:03 UTC

[users@httpd] error_log not getting created after apachectl start

I have done rm -f * under ServerRoot/logs after apachectl stop.That has
http.pid also in that particular path.
After that I have started apache apachectl start.
I see that there is no error_log under ServerRoot/logs.Why no error_log
as well as no access_log.I see that httpd is running.(ps _ef | grep
httpd).Could not get info from google search.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Ramakrishna

www.wipro.com

[users@httpd] Apache shooting load times up

Posted by Scott Wilcox <sc...@x0f.org>.
Greetings folks,

The past few mornings, I've come back to load averages on my box varying
from 4 up to 29. Taking a look at top, the processes sucking all the CPU
are httpd. It ranges from two or three up to seven. It seems some child
processes are causing apache to get stuck somewhere, but I'm not too
sure what.

Is there any way I can track down what is sucking all the usage, I've
checked the access_log's and there isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Everything else on the box is running fine too so it really is just
apache being retarded somewhere.

Comments/ideas/suggestions all most welcome.

Scott.