Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/15 20:41:53 UTC

Corrupt jar file error

Hello Community,
I've installed yarn on my ubuntu vm as a single node hadoop install and
have been digging into the yarn documentation and trying to test
reef-runtime-spark on yarn, I am issuing the command below per this
documentation here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56066242

$HADOOP_PREFIX/bin/yarn -jar reef-examples-0.17.0-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar
org.apache.reef.examples.data.loading.DataLoadingREEFOnSpark
Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile reef-examples-0.17.0-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar

Has anyone run into this before, its weird because I can list the jar file
contents just fine, I also noticed this error coming up when I try to
execute the DataLoadingREEF.  I am hesitant to think its something
particular to my environment as I am able build the whole project including
the reef-runtime-spark module successfully.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Corrupt jar file error

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com>.
One last clarification I got it working using run.sh but I will debug later
why the yarn -jar command doesnt work, we really want to be in a place
where both options are working and available, maybe the shell script can
just serve as a wrapper around the yarn jar command.

Re: Corrupt jar file error

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com>.

Re: Corrupt jar file error

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.