Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/08/06 06:51:07 UTC

Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml

Done.

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:50:29 -0400
(Subject: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml)
"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> Would you mind (or mind if I) doing:
>
>  g/Horrible\ Property\ Set\ Format\ \(HPSF\)/s//HPSF/g ?
>
> -Andy
<snip/>

Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
We do not have to vote on these type of changes.  Lazy consensus is also
possible.  However, it was zealous to change it without asking you out of
courtesy.  The idea is to remove what the abbreviations mean from the
webpage and slowly transition to a more serious internet presence.  Novelty
is no longer an approach that behooves us.  (Though it worked like a charm
in the past).

There is no reason to be irritated, I think you'll find this in your best
interest.  It is not a problem if you cannot agree.  Tetsuya can revert his
change.

Thanks,

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml

Posted by ra...@gmx.de.
Hey! What's that rebranding stuff? Did I miss something? Do our acronyms no
longer have a meaning? Was there a vote?

Best regards
Rainer (Irritated) Klute

--
                  RAINER KLUTE IT-CONSULTING GMBH