Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Weiler, Frank" <FW...@KBV.DE> on 2000/07/11 15:42:19 UTC

trouble with german characters

Dear Xalan-Developers !

I tried out Your Xalan-work and find it very useful. But there are some
problems with version 1_0_1,
which I have to download because the 1_1-version-Zip-file ever unzips with
an error.

When outputting the contents of an attribute that contains german special
characters to an attribute on the result tree, the output isn't what I
expect.

Example (both the xml as the xsl file has the encoding="ISO-8859-1"
attribute in <?xml...?> set)

xml-data:

<kapitel code="1" bezeichnung="Abrechnungsfähige Leistungen, Gliederung und
Struktur" oid="1EH000DK0000QG0"/>

xsl-template:

<xsl:template match="kapitel">
<LI>
	<OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
		<param name="Name" value="{@code} - {@bezeichnung}"></param>
		<param name="Local"><xsl:attribute
name="value">html\<xsl:value-of select="@oid"/>.html</xsl:attribute></param>
		<param name="ImageNumber" value="1"/>
	</OBJECT>
</LI>
</xsl:template>

html-output:

<LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
<OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
	<param value="1 - Abrechnungsfähige Leistungen, Gliederung und
Struktur" name="Name">
	<param name="Local" value="html\1EH000DK0000QG0.html">
	<param value="1" name="ImageNumber">
</OBJECT>
</LI>

As You can see, at first the charakters in HTML-output aren't correct, I
expected: Abrechnungsf&auml;hige .
At second the order of the attributes of the first and third param-tag isn't
as expected first name="" and then value="".

I use the commandline-tool for the transformation, running on JDK 1_3 on
WinNT 4.0 Servicepack 5.

I hope, You can help me with my problem and (if it is one) fix the bug.

Greetings,

--
Frank Weiler, Softwarentwickler
Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung Berlin

Diese EMail wurde mit InterScan VirusWall ueberprueft und als sicher erachtet.
This EMail has been scanned with InterScan VirusWall and seems to be safe.

Re: trouble with german characters

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@webde-ag.de>.
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:42:19 +0100, Weiler, Frank wrote:

Moin. ;)

>Example (both the xml as the xsl file has the encoding="ISO-8859-1"
>attribute in <?xml...?> set)

That is not enough, as it describes the INPUT encoding.

>html-output:

I guess you did not specify that you want HTML output in Latin-1
encoding (see xsl:output in the spec). So what you got is XML in UTF-8.

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann (jhe@webde-ag.de)
WEB.DE AG, Amalienbadstr.41, D-76227 Karlsruhe