Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Nicolas Toper <nt...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/04 18:39:31 UTC

Google Summer Code: student interested

Hello,

I am interested in working on James mail server this summer. I have
seen several projects listed on the Wiki.

I am a French student at CNAM (www.cnam.fr) in my last year for an
engineer's degree. I work part time in a software company selling an
emailling software as part of an ASP service. Therefore I know already
about mail servers and Java (our software is in Java).

I would like to send a proposal to Google about SPF, fast-fail or
clustering. Which one is the most important to you?

On the Apache wiki, they ask for a list of deliverables: do you need
any doc with the code?

About the design document: I will need your help (if you agree to of
course) to learn about the inner working of JAmes (I already installed
it on my computer).

Can you help me please?

Nicolas

Re: Google Summer Code: student interested

Posted by Nicolas Toper <nt...@gmail.com>.
I could work on Fast-fail, especially since I've worked on it in my company
:-)

However, it seems a lot of ppl are already interested and quite capable.
Would you rather me to focus on clustering or have several ppl proposes
fast-fail?
nicolas

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.