Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexi Polenur <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/30 17:48:56 UTC

Q:Automatic dependency setup

Hi all,

I am using Maven first time as a build tool for my
project. I really like it a lot.

I have following question. I found it really time
consuming to create dependecies entries in
project.xml.

Is it possible to automaticaly configure some of
dependencies ?

What I mean by that is following.

Let say my project depends on Hibernate. So I would go
and manually add Hibernate entry to my project
dependencies in project.xml. It its turn Hibernate
depends on a lot of other jars. If I have Hiberante's
project.xml in Ibiblio repository it seams it should
be possible for Maven to automaticaly configure my
project to depend on all projects which Hibernate
depends on using dependencies entry in Hibernate's
project.xml

Is it possible to achieve this behaviour now ? If not
is there a plans to do it in the future ?

Thanks a lot, Alexi

Re: Q:Automatic dependency setup

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 11:48, Alexi Polenur wrote:

> Is it possible to achieve this behaviour now ? If not
> is there a plans to do it in the future ?

Yes, we have this feature in maven2 and it will be backported to maven1.
Look for transitive dependencies in the mail archives.

> Thanks a lot, Alexi

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org