Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Rupert St John Webster <ru...@impress-solutions.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/07 11:41:27 UTC

testing Geode Net Core

Hi,

When I try and test the Net Core client, and create a cache factory as per native client:

CacheFactory cacheFactory = new CacheFactory();

I get error:

"Unable to load DLL 'c:/Users/bblake/src/nc_install/bin/apache-geode-c.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)"

Can this be resolved please?

Thanks 😊

Re: testing Geode Net Core

Posted by Ernie Burghardt <bu...@vmware.com>.
Rupert,

Btw, current/active development of .Net Core is found on develop branch in geode-native/netcore

We are in the process of removing the repo Dan mentioned below…

Apologies for the confusion…

EB

From: Dan Smith <da...@vmware.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 12:39 PM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: testing Geode Net Core
It does look like maybe you are trying to use the geode-dotnet-core-client repository, which is stale. There is a separate thread ongoing to delete that repo. The net-core client work is now happening in the geode-native repo, which doesn't have this hardcoded c:/Users/bblake/ path!

-Dan
We are very early in development of net-core, I would watch for a future release or monitor the pull requests as features are added…

Best,
Ernie

Re: testing Geode Net Core

Posted by Dan Smith <da...@vmware.com>.