Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Denis Bolshakov <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/30 10:06:40 UTC

what is your typical size of tablet.

Hello Kudu community,

Could you please share your typical single tablet size of a table?

--
//with Best Regards
--Denis Bolshakov

Re: what is your typical size of tablet.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Hi Denis,

I don't directly manage Kudu clusters but what I've seen ranges anywhere
from 0 bytes to 100GB. I wouldn't recommend going much higher than this
because re-replicating 100GB takes a _long_ time, although it should be a
little better in upcoming 1.5.0 thanks to Hao's work.

Sweet spot is probably more in the low tens of GBs.

Hope this helps,

J-D