Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Boden, David" <da...@lehman.com> on 2006/09/15 16:42:00 UTC

Apache Slide on WebLogic 8.1 or 9.2

Is slide.war supposed to work out-of-the-box on WebLogic 8.1 and / or
WebLogic 9.2?

Hitting the context root results in:
Not Found: No object found at /index.jsp

Trying to navigate to the /com directory generates the log:
15-Sep-2006 15:33:20, unauthenticated, GET, 404 "Not Found", 0 ms, /com

I was expecting slide.war to be able to:
1. Tell me that there are no files yet mounted, perhaps providing me
with an HTML page showing an empty directory.
2. Allow me to mount a WebDav folder via Windows Network Folders to
http://localhost:7001/ark (ark is my context name). This results in an
error from Windows telling me that it's not a valid location.

Furthermore, on WebLogic 9.2 there are further errors caused by the
<mime-mapping> tags present in web.xml. I had to remove these before
proceeding.

Am I expecting too much from Apache Slide 2.1's slide.war without
getting involved in configuration? It would be great if an experienced
Slide user could try slide.war on WebLogic 8.1 and see if the results
are what is expected.

Thanks.

RE: Apache Slide on WebLogic 8.1 or 9.2

Posted by "Boden, David" <da...@lehman.com>.
The resolution of this issue was to remove the *.jsp mapping from
web.xml by commenting it out:

    <!--
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    -->

If there are any committers on this group, could you please add a
comment to this element in the default web.xml to state that it needs to
be commented out to run on WebLogic.

Thanks,
Dave