Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Perry <jp...@brightcove.com> on 2010/08/03 22:43:27 UTC

maven release plugin forking another maven process

Hi,

I am using the maven release plugin in teamcity and when I call the
release:perform it fails because the teamcity maven plugin contains mvn but
not with an executable bit thus causing the perform to fail because of
permission problems.  The workaround was to go on the box and set the
executable bit with chmod but this is only temporary.  I could also set my
M2_HOME to something outside of teamcity but that isn't ideal.  Anybody out
there run into a similar issue.  Is there a way to prevent the forking of a
new maven process?  Here is the failure:

*[15:20:41]:* [INFO] Executing goals 'deploy'...
*[15:20:41]:* [INFO] /bin/sh: /opt/packages/teamcity/plugins/maven/bin/mvn:
Permission denied

Thanks,
    -- Jay