Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net> on 2001/08/21 20:36:33 UTC

sending attachments back to the client

I am trying to send attachments back to the client from a soap messging
service.  Currently I am sending back an XML document as a String, and I
do this with the responsecontext.setRootPart(XMLdocument, text/xml);  It
was my guess that to send attachments I would just do a
responsecontext.addBodyPart(bodypart); this however is not working.  Is
anybody else sending attachments back to the client, if so how?  Can
anbody help?

Rich Catlett

Re: sending attachments back to the client

Posted by Stephan Wiesner <wi...@werum.de>.
If I want to send attachements I just Base64 encode them, send them as a
String and decode them on the other side. Stable and plain simple ...

Stephan

Posted by Stephan Wiesner <wi...@werum.de>.

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.