Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charles Menzes <ch...@lunarmedia.net> on 2002/03/29 16:30:55 UTC

SSLEngine perhaps mis-spelled

Hello all,
I recently compiled apache (1.3.22 with mod_ssl patch and mod_frontpage
patched) using the following as my config.status:

./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--enable-module=ssl" \
"--add-module=mod_frontpage.c" \
"--enable-shared=max" \
"--enable-module=most" \
"--disable-module=auth_dbm" \
"$@"

All goes well, however, when issueing the command 'apachectl startssl' the
server exits with an error that point to the 'SSLEngine on' directive
under my first non-default virtual host. The errors states that SSLEngine
may be mis-spelled.
A quick google search shows that quite a number of people seem to be
seeing similar issues:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=SSLEngine+mis%2Dspelled

This one particularly echoes my situations(eg. heavily modified httpd.conf
file and the error):

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/SoothinglySeamless/comments/960435477

However, none have seem to have reached a resolve, and no replies seem to
be very helpful (why dont you switch from using Linux? why doent you use
the rpms?).

Your help is very appreciated.

Regards -Charles