Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Menke <br...@lspeed.com> on 2003/07/10 03:03:44 UTC

XML Doc type problem

Hi everyone,

I have created a JSP page that use the xml tag library, specifically using
xpath. Everything works perfectly fine as long as I don't have a doctype
definition like the following in my XML instance:

<!DOCTYPE datasheet PUBLIC "-//Innovtech//DTD datasheet//EN"
"c:/dtds/innovtech/datasheet.dtd">

If I remove it, life is great, but if I don't, I get a java error like this:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Could not resolve entity reference:
"///c:/dtds/innovtech/datasheet.dtd"

I have to have the doctype in the xml. Does anyone know how I can fix this??

Thanks!

-Brian

Re: XML Doc type problem

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Sounds like you need an EntityResolver, like the one
in the org.xml.sax package.  But I don't know know how
to register such a thing with the SAX parser inside
the JSTL tag library.  I'll have to leave that to my
betters. - MOD