Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Larry Sevilla <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/06 08:44:52 UTC

Network Bridge - error

Hi,

I'm new to CentOS. (I have tried Debian, Ubuntu, Devuan & Gentoo).
And also new to CloudStack.

I'm trying the Quick Installation Guide of CloudStack as pointed by Andrija
Panic of ShapeBlue
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation/blob/master/source/quickinstallationguide/qig.rst

At Configuring the Network topic, I got an error:

[root@localhost ~]# systemctl restart network
Job for network.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.  See "systemctl status network.service" and "journalctl -xe"
for details.

systemctl status network.service
https://pastebin.com/KzBqJN65

journalctl -xe
https://pastebin.com/PLQGuLeR

RE: Network Bridge - error

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Larry,

If you have account on GitHub, just click the pencil (EDIT file in your fork...) icon/button (from https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation/blob/master/source/quickinstallationguide/qig.rst), it will automatically fork the upstream project into your account and open EDIT page for that specific page - you make changes - and simply commit with message and description- it will then ask you if you want to make a Pull Request, confirm yes, and you are good to go !

Very simple really.

Kind regards,
Andrija

andrija.panic@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Larry Sevilla <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrija,

RE: Network Bridge - error

Re: Network Bridge - error

Posted by Larry Sevilla <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Network Bridge - error

Posted by Larry Sevilla <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dag,

Re: Network Bridge - error

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Larry,

Looks to me like your network configuration isn't consistent - your enp2s0 interface is still NetworkManager controlled, whilst the bridge isn't:

Mar 07 10:05:07 localhost.localdomain NetworkManager[4025]: <info>  [1551924307.4967] ifcfg-rh: Ignoring connection /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-cloudbr0 (d4b789ba-7321-548d-dabd-5c4150da0266,"System cloudbr0") due to NM_CONTROLLED=no.
. . .
Mar 07 10:05:07 localhost.localdomain NetworkManager[4025]: <info>  [1551924307.6674] audit: op="connection-activate" uuid="740fc662-1d75-42ae-98ed-0ce92a0ca3dc" name="enp2s0" pid=14783 uid=0 result="fail" reason="Can not find a master for enp2s0: Master connection not found or invalid"
Mar 07 10:05:07 localhost.localdomain network[14650]: Bringing up interface enp2s0:  Error: Connection activation failed: Can not find a master for enp2s0: Master connection not found or invalid

Re: Network Bridge - error

Posted by Larry Sevilla <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrija,

RE: Network Bridge - error