Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 20:01:47 UTC

Web Services Using CXF

Plz someone suggest me for Tools as I am Developing Web services project .
I am using ECLIPSE IDE TOMCAT v7 CXF 2.6

Or there is another approch...
Because i am getting errors in ECLIPSE like unmarshelling excetions

___Shashi___

Re: Web Services Using CXF

Posted by Shashikant Sarade <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: Web Services Using CXF

Posted by Johan Edstrom <je...@savoirtech.com>.

Re: Web Services Using CXF

Posted by Mark Streit <mc...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest the following:

1) Don't use Eclipse tools in the IDE to create web services. It hides a
lot of important stuff that is fundamental to understanding how JAX-WS
works.

2) Glen Mazza, one of the CXF committers, has many useful tutorials located
here:  http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/blog_article_index .... and for
starters:

http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/java_first_web_service
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/web_service_tutorial

3) Good Books on JAX-WS (whether you use CXF, Metro (JAX-WS RI) or
otherwise)

''Java SOA Cookbook'', by Eben Hewitt - O'Reilly, Paperback, Published
March 2009, 316 pages, ISBN 9780596520731.  A recipe-style book for solving
specific problems in web services development - both JAX-WS and
JAX-RS(Rest).  [http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520731/ Java SOA
Cookbook]

"Java Web Services, Up and Running'', by Martin Kalin - O'Reilly,
Paperback, Published March 2009, 318 pages, ISBN 978-0-596-52112-7.  [
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521134/ Java Web Services, Up and Running]

4) For CXF specifically, this book is one of the few written just for CXF
and it is quite good:

http://www.packtpub.com/apache-cxf-web-service-development/book
Sample chapter:
http://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/sample_chapters/5401-apache-cfx-sample-chapter-2-developing-a-web-service-with-cxf.pdf

5) Java DZone – Articles:

http://java.dzone.com/articles/apache-cxf-how-add-custom-http
http://java.dzone.com/articles/apache-cxf-how-add-custom-soap
http://soa.dzone.com/articles/pragmatic-web-services-apache

6) Developerworks - Articles:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jws12/index.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-pojo-springcxf/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pojo-springcxf2/index.html

Hope this helps.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Shashikant Sarade <
shashikantsarade@gmail.com> wrote:

> Plz someone suggest me for Tools as I am Developing Web services project .
> I am using ECLIPSE IDE TOMCAT v7 CXF 2.6
>

> Or there is another approch...
> Because i am getting errors in ECLIPSE like unmarshelling excetions
>
> ___Shashi___

*
*