Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by an...@magnasteyr.com on 2005/11/10 17:15:24 UTC

Prevent Firefox from caching..

Does anyone know, how to tell Firefox not to cache pages...
I have implemented a Chart via Jenia and the problem is that, when the page is display, the chart from the previous request is shown, until I press F5

In IE this works correct, because I use this headers:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache,no-store">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache,no-store,must-revalidate,max-age=-1,post-check=0, pre-check=0">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Fri, Jun 12 1981 08:20:00 GMT">

But Firefox doesn't seem to care..

If there it no change to tell Firefox to do so, is there a workaround?

Regards
Andy

your system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Prevent Firefox from caching..

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-store");
> response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
Additional infos:

---
Mario

Re: Prevent Firefox from caching..

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.
We use something similar which seems to work fine on Firefox and IE:

<res:setHeader name="Pragma">no Cache</res:setHeader>
<res:setHeader name="Cache-control">no-store,no-cache</res:setHeader>
<res:setDateHeader name="Expire">0</res:setDateHeader>

These are taglibs from http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
andreas.mitter@magnasteyr.com wrote:

> Does anyone know, how to tell Firefox not to cache pages...
> I have implemented a Chart via Jenia and the problem is that, when the
> page is display, the chart from the previous request is shown, until I
> press F5

We use

Posted by Tim Davies <ti...@ktsplc.com>.
I think as a general rule you cant rely on the browser to reload a page
every time. This is especially true if the the user is viewing the page
through a proxy server which may have its own caching priorites.
Certainly if you want good behviour from this across different browsers
its worth looking for something else. I guess the old hack for this
problem is to append a randomised query string to the end of all your
urls, eg. http://www.example.com/page.faces?r=257625.

--
Tim Davies
Analyst Developer

KTS PLC: Service you can bank on
8th Floor, Finsbury Tower,
103-105 Bunhill Row,
London  EC1Y 8TY
tel: +44 (0)20 7256 2300
fax: +44 (0)20 7256 2301

email: tim.davies@ktsplc.com
web: http://www.ktsplc.com

RE: Prevent Firefox from caching..

Posted by Guillermo Meyer <gm...@interbanking.com.ar>.
Have you tried <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"> ?

Does anyone know, how to tell Firefox not to cache pages...
I have implemented a Chart via Jenia and the problem is that, when the page
is display, the chart from the previous request is shown, until I press F5

In IE this works correct, because I use this headers:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache,no-store">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control"
CONTENT="no-cache,no-store,must-revalidate,max-age=-1,post-check=0,
pre-check=0">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Fri, Jun 12 1981 08:20:00 GMT">

But Firefox doesn't seem to care..

If there it no change to tell Firefox to do so, is there a workaround?

Regards
Andy

email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify your system manager. This