Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/31 10:10:02 UTC

Problem with a path to images

On my local system I am using a relative path to get my pictures.
private var filePath:String = "../assets/";

But QA box only works if I provide the full path:
private var filePath:String = "http://qa_box/approot/assets/";

Why is that?

Thanks

Re: Problem with a path to images

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 01/04/15 01:40, Eric wrote:
> environments, or just QA?  The other thing to test before you declare
> it fixed is whether it'll work running from Flash Builder (debug mode
> outside of web server)... assuming you use FB.

Which is why I always suggest running even your local debug builds
through a local web server. This way the local environment is a closer
match to the live / QA one.
Trying to maintain an application that works in multiple environments is
more work, and more fragile.

Tom

Re: Problem with a path to images

Posted by Eric <eh...@gmail.com>.
Ahh yes, I recall the joys of a similar experience a few years ago. Did
the change make things work in both environments, or just QA?  The other
thing to test before you declare it fixed is whether it'll work running
from Flash Builder (debug mode outside of web server)... assuming you
use FB.
-Eric

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Seems like this works: