Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shiv Deepak <id...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/17 03:01:11 UTC

Looking for a good Text on Solr

I am looking for a good book to read from and get a better understanding of solr.

 On amazon, all the books on Solr have average rating (which I supposed no one tried them or bothered to post a review) but this one: "Solr 1.4 Enterprise Search Server by David Smiley, Eric Pugh" has a pretty decent review. But the current version of Solr is 3.5, so should I proceed with David Smiley's book or is there a better text available.

Thanks,
Shiv Deepak

Re: Looking for a good Text on Solr

Posted by Brendan Grainger <br...@gmail.com>.
There is an update to that book for Solr 3:

http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

I actually bought it recently, but haven't looked at it yet.

Good luck.
Brendan

Posted by Shiv Deepak <id...@gmail.com>.
Hey Brendan, Hey Hector,