Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Genesis X1 <ge...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/21 10:02:17 UTC

"apxs" nor ap_release.h not found in libapach2-mod-perl

Hi,

Im trying to get NTLM Authentication working for Apache 2xx.

So that Windows Users can access  Apache Web Server with their Windows
Domain credentials. (Single Sign On)

I have installed Perl 5 and Apache HTTPD Server 2.2.3 correctly.

I Downloaded the Apache2-AuthenNTLM-0.02.tar module and tried to compiled it.

Compilation needed mod_perl and hence i downloaded
mod_perl-2.0-current.tarand tried to run perl Makefile.PL and get the
following error.

sh-3.1$ perl Makefile.PL
no conflicting prior mod_perl version found - good.
************* WARNING *************

  Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
  but libgdbm.so was not found.
  You could just symlink it to /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0

************* WARNING *************

Next we need to know where the 'apxs' script is located. This script
provides a lot of information about the Apache installation, and makes
it easier to find things on your system. Normally it's located in the
same directory as the 'httpd' executable.

If you don't yet have Apache installed you can build Apache against
the Apache source code, but you won't be able to run the test suite (a
very important step). Therefore you may want to install Apache before
proceeding.

Please provide a full path to 'apxs' executable
(press Enter if you don't have it installed):

Please provide the location of the Apache directory:  /etc/apache2/
[  error] Unable to open /etc/apache2//ap_release.h: No such file or directory
[  error] Unable to determine server version, aborting.
[  error] Please specify MP_APXS or MP_AP_PREFIX.
sh-3.1$

Neither "apxs" nor ap_release.h files are stored in my Unix Box ??

Please Help me !

--
GenesisX1

Re: "apxs" nor ap_release.h not found in libapach2-mod-perl

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Try apt-get install apache2-dev

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.