Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by rl...@codelibre.net on 2017/08/21 08:31:32 UTC

Joining the Xalan project

Dear all,

I have a number of changes I'd like to get included in Xalan:

- Fixes to compile with Xalan-C 3.2.0
- CMake support to build with current systems (both Visual Studio and
Unix)
- Applying outstanding patches carried by most Linux/BSD/Mac
distributions which fix critical bugs

I've opened a JIRA ticket for the first, mentioned the second on the
list, and the latter are years old.  However, there has been zero
response to any of them as far as I can see.

If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to join
the project so that I can get involved in fixing them directly?  I've
already done all the Apache CLA stuff.

Thanks,
Roger

Re: Joining the Xalan project

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.
On 20/09/2017 20:46, Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> Yes, the Xalan project (and Xerces too) very much needs more active
> developers. If folks are interested in contributing, I'm all for making
> that easier, adding them as committers so that they can make direct
> contributions. Both PMCs would also benefit from having more active
> people too.

I'd certainly like to join for the purpose of making the contributions
I've outlined previously in the list, if that would be a possibility.

Thanks,
Roger Leigh

Re: Joining the Xalan project

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Yes, the Xalan project (and Xerces too) very much needs more active
developers. If folks are interested in contributing, I'm all for making
that easier, adding them as committers so that they can make direct
contributions. Both PMCs would also benefit from having more active people
too.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Nicolas Grégoire <ni...@agarri.fr> wrote on 08/23/2017 06:28:51
AM:

> Hello!
>
> > If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to
> > join the project so that I can get involved in fixing them
> > directly?  I've already done all the Apache CLA stuff.
>
> Adding some active members to the project would be a good thing.
> There's a few security-related bugs reported years ago and still not
> patched, like https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?

u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_XALANC-2D762&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> siA1ZOg&r=KSsQtaTrbQnz98UqasbfUccVGXxb9hHxwso62zJ-

DKI&m=g9kVMHKy4BPR2zFEUZwwTJL_ry4IJsUZYWH05WmBDBg&s=KNPKJ9Gm3UO6Kzep6Zhix-

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Grégoire <ni...@agarri.fr>.
Hello!

patched, like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-762

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 08/21/2017 10:31 AM, rleigh@codelibre.net wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a number of changes I'd like to get included in Xalan:
>
> - Fixes to compile with Xalan-C 3.2.0
> - CMake support to build with current systems (both Visual Studio and Unix)
> - Applying outstanding patches carried by most Linux/BSD/Mac
> distributions which fix critical bugs
>
> I've opened a JIRA ticket for the first, mentioned the second on the
> list, and the latter are years old.  However, there has been zero
> response to any of them as far as I can see.
>
> If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to join
> the project so that I can get involved in fixing them directly?  I've
> already done all the Apache CLA stuff.

The project is quite dormant so be patient...
The JIRA is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-773 I suggest
you submit your other patches using JIRA.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic